This Working with Figurative Language worksheet also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Are your middle schoolers able to identify the literary devices featured on this activity? They must demonstrate their understanding of figurative language by matching the terms with their definitions and label the devices used in short sentences.
- The worksheet may be used as a check for understanding, for group work, or as added practice
- The worksheet presumes kids are familiar with all the literary devices modeled on the worksheet
- An answer key is provided
- Kids are not asked to go beyond identifying the device used; therefore you might ask them to explain the identifying features that appear in the examples