Why Lesson Planet?
Prepare a set of cards to help your learners master plural nouns, both typical and irregular varieties. Cut along the dotted lines and fold and/or glue the pieces together to create two-sided cards with a singular noun on one side and a plural noun on the other.
- Pair up your class and have them quiz one another on the plural nouns
- Use these as a teacher resource and project them while you practice
- Laminate the cards to extend their usage
- It may take some time to put these together, making it a great job for a classroom volunteer or a careful classroom cutting exercise (all the lines are straight and should be doable for youngsters)
- Children would benefit from some prior knowledge of plural noun rules before being introduced to the cards
- Each plural and singular noun is paired with a matching image
- Covers several different spelling rules and includes both regular and irregular nouns