This Would You like Fries with Your Order? activity & project also includes:
Ever wonder what you are paying for a single fry at McDonald's? An engaging lesson compares the cost per fry in a small order to a larger order. It's a great application of unit rate that is sure to make your classes hungry for more!
3 Views 3 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Buy fries to bring in and analyze, perhaps from a competing chain
- Incorporate as an introduction to unit rates
- Requires previous work with ratios
- Offers sequel ideas to expand on the learning during the lesson
- Uses a real-world connection your classes find relevant