Age is just a number. The resource develops a multi-step expression to represent a person's age. Using the video, the presenter creates expressions for the age of four different people that build upon each other. The final age requires simplification.
- Have the class brainstorm a plan to determine the answer to the question before showing the video
- Create groups of four where each person is responsible for the algebraic representation for one of the ages
- Individuals should be familiar with the distributive property
- Includes a link to more examples
- Shows the steps involved in simplifying the final answer