Track instances of foreshadowing in any text with a straightforward graphic organizer. In one column, learners note down the events that happened, and in the other they list the clues that indicated that those events would happen. Some explanation defining foreshadowing is provided.
- Use this when preparing for writing a paragraph or essay about an author's use of foreshadowing
- Have learners fill the chart out in pairs and then discuss the events as a whole class
- If your pupils need extra support, work together as a class to complete several entries; you can model the process and provide sentence frames when necessary
- The organizer is clear and to the point
- Relates an author's use of foreshadowing to a reader's use of prediction