This Writing a Diplomatic Toast lesson plan also includes:
Here's to you! Using a role-playing activity and primary source analysis, learners discover the importance of diplomacy. Impersonating a diplomat from a great empire, they write a toast to another empire, analyzing the strengths and weaknesses of the relationship.
- Write a toast to celebrate a relationship between two countries using the role playing exercise
- Adapt the activity to study the relationship between other nations outside the unit
- Lesson is fourth of seven in "The Diplomacy Challenge"
- Activity is creative and engaging
- Lesson draws upon and reinforces previous knowledge in the unit