Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Invite learners to introduce themselves through poetry. After brainstorming and choosing details, pupils draft two acrostic poems using their names as the base. They then evaluate and revise their poems.
26 Views 18 Downloads
- Use this at the beginning of the year as a getting-to-know-you activity
- Have individuals perfect their poems, type them up, illustrate them, and post them around the room
- The resource lists a few sample acrostic poems you may wish to use with your class, but doesn't include them; either look these up and provide copies, find your own examples, or write a few samples
- Includes graphic organizers and worksheets for the brainstorming and drafting processes
- Clearly outlines a step-by-step process for writing these poems
- Since samples are not provided, the lesson does not actually show what an acrostic poem looks like
- Graphic Organizer