This Writing an Argument: Free Speech assessment also includes:
- Teacher Reference
- Join to access all included materials
How do you assess whether pupils have mastered certain concepts and skills? Designing a performance task that asks learners to demonstrate their skills and providing writers with a rubric that identifies these skills and provides criteria is no small matter. Thankfully, there are resources that provide just what you need. A performance task packet assesses individuals' ability to craft an argument essay based on the subject of free speech.
- Have groups research recent free speech controversies involving social commentators like Ann Coulter and Milo Yiannopoulos and protest marches
- Groups might also research the free speech rights of students and student newspapers
- The 49-page packet includes a copy of the student test booklet, a teacher's guide, and a scoring rubric
- Careful scaffolding ensures that writers have identified the evidence they need to craft an argument essay