Oh, the dreaded writer's block! As part of a larger paper-writing series, an invaluable resource discusses obstacles and stresses writers face. Individuals learn to identify feelings associated with anxiety, as well as strategies for overcoming these obstacles.
- Practice the identify your strengths technique by having learners create a list of the things they do well; point out positives you see in them to help them get started
- In pairs, turn the handout into a simple poster highlighting key strategies to overcome writing anxiety
- Print the handout to have on hand and give to writers who struggle with writing anxiety
- Features bulleted lists of suggestions to make the handout easy to skim and scan
- Contains links to additional handouts to provide more information to improve writing
- Lacks examples or models of most strategies the article suggests