An extensive portfolio project encourages your kids to reflect on their personalities with multiple writing assignments. From activities on extended metaphors to writing about an important day in their lives, kids explore the way they see the world and document it all in a writing portfolio.
- You could stretch the project out over a full school year or finish in a few weeks
- Use the writing prompts as journal topics at the beginning of your class from time to time
- The portfolio includes 50 writing assignments; have younger kids choose a few of the writing activities to complete, and have older learners choose more or all of the assignments
- Project requires that the portfolio is professionally bound, which you could have your class do on their own, or you could have all of them done at the same time once they turn the portfolios in
- Activities are creative and will intrigue even your most reluctant writers
- A finished portfolio would make a great end-of-the-year project