This Writing Short Stories: The Fun Way lesson plan also includes:
- Join to access all included materials
Do your young authors suffer from writer's block when they try to write short stories? Access their natural creativity with C-Gor, the writing monster! The instructional activity takes aspiring authors through a new writing process called C-Gor (Character, Goals, Obstacles, Results), in which they list ten of each element, then choose random combinations about which they can write a story. The writing will be zany, creative, and best of all, fun!
- Send home the finished prompts for learners to work on at home
- Bring in items to incorporate into the short story elements
- Intended for use with a SMART board (but not restricted to it)
- Encourages creativity in a narrative writing unit
- A great addition to a literacy center or creative writing club