This Writing to Explain: Creating How-To Scripts and Demonstrations lesson plan also includes:
Excuse me, can you give me directions? Scholars examine and practice technical writing to increase their ability to write directions. They participate in discussion, watch videos, and complete an assignment to create their own directions.
- Examine various product instructional books
- Use turn-and-talk method with some of the questions
- Requires computers with Internet access, journals, projector, and copies of handouts
- Lists discussion questions
- Includes an extension activity