This Writing Workshop: Writing a Compare-Contrast Essay presentation also includes:
Crafting a compare-contrast essay can prove to be a challenge even for experienced writers. Eradicate the mystery with a PowerPoint that details the rationale for and the structure of this form of expository writing. The 20-slide presentation can be used as an overview to familiarize viewers with the format. After individuals select a prompt, select slides can be reshown, or reproduced as worksheets, to assist writers in the drafting process.
- Writers are offer a choice of prompts
- Step-by-step directions are clear and concise
- Examples are provided
- Both the block and point-by-point formats are discussed
- Pause the presentation to permit viewers to discuss and take notes on the suggested procedures
- Because the presentation is text-heavy, provide viewers with a worksheet that reproduces the graphics contained in the presentation