This WWII: Western Europe 1939-45 – Deception and Bluff interactive also includes:
World War II left the British desperate for help in any form—including in the form of a magician! High schooler conduct research on Jasper Maskelyne, a stage magician who used his talents to deceive the Germans on the war front, before writing an argument paper with evidence to convince others that this hard-to-believe historical fact is true.
- Create learning stations around the classroom for small groups to visit when forming their arguments
- Use the document-based question as an assessment during a World War II unit
- Requires Internet access and Flash®
- Part of a longer series of interactive resources on World War II
- Focuses on a part of World War II history that is not as well known to students
- Provides all necessary primary sources and worksheets