This Yardwork in Segments interactive also includes:
Stretch your knowledge of ratios to the coordinate plane. The interactive allows pupils to set the endpoints of a directed line segment and form a right triangle. Using rubber bands, users visualize the line segment divided into equal lengths. Finally, scholars find the coordinates of the point that divides the segment into a given ratio.
- Have students complete the interactive as a introduction to an algebraic method to finding points that divide a segment into a given ratio
- Use a geoboard to replicate the situation on the interactive
- Class members should know how to graph points
- Allows for multiple ratios
- Connects to a task within the Mathematics Vision Project