Can your body be its own ecosystem? Yes, in fact there are many ecosystems in your body. The video explains what microbes are, where they are located, and why. It focuses on the many good things bacteria do for bodies and the issues that face humans with the overuse of antibiotics.
- Begin class with a riddle: Your body is 10% human and 90% what?
- Research the Human Microbiome Project https://www.genome.gov/27549115/
- Remember YouTube comments are open to the public and are not always appropriate for use in the classroom
- Provides closed captioning in Czech and English
- Includes a link to the references for the video in the notes section on YouTube