Cephalopods, including squid, use their color-changing skin for both camouflage and communication. A video explains how squid camouflage themselves in the open ocean with nothing else around. It shows how they mimic the interplay of light, water, and waves.
- Discuss the proper plural form of the word octopus; it is not octopi as most believe
- Add the word iridophores to science journals and vocabulary lists
- Video best fits when studying ocean life, animal adaptations, and camouflage
- High-definition video draws in viewers
- Provides closed captioning for the hearing impaired