This Zola, France, Realism, and Naturalism: Crash Course Theater #31 video also includes:
Using an informative video about French theater and drama, scholars learn about the idea of realism in the theater before taking a look at naturalism. Viewers hear about writing styles from Victor Hugo in his works Cromwell and Hernani, as well as discover a new form of melodrama by Augustin Eugene Scribe and how his works changed French theater. The video discusses another writer, Alexandre Dumas, as well.
- Create graphic organizers sorting plays by themes
- Pause the video frequently to check for understanding
- 31st installment from the Crash Course Theater and Drama playlist
- Offers details of playwrights and plays
- Video is brief but full of information