Augment your eighth grade language arts curriculum with a thorough set of reading comprehension activities and assessments. Focusing on a variety of skills, including vocabulary in context, text structure, main idea, and author's style, the packet offers something for everyone pursuing the goal of literacy.
- Find the parts of the packet that are most relevant to your current curriculum, or use the packet as a whole reading comprehension unit
- Save worksheets for your substitute teacher days to supplement your daily lessons
- Include worksheets in language arts homework packets
- Most of the activities include multiple choice questions, which may limit the amount of critical thinking for your class
- Though the resource is designed for eighth grade, it works well for older learners in need of review, or younger learners in need of a challenge
- Covers many aspects of language arts with guided practice and assessment
- Comes with a comprehensive list of recommended texts for eighth graders, including science fiction, magazines, and autobiographies