This A Brief History of Geologic Time video also includes:
How do scientists know the history of Earth before humans—or any mammals—existed? An epic "Eons" series video explains the larger history of geologic time. It highlights the eons, eras, periods, epochs, and ages scientists use to divide history. Then, it explains each in greater detail mentioning the biggest one or two highlights for each.
- Have pupils copy the graphic at 2:49 into their science journals
- Use a string that goes around the classroom and label each time to offer perspective
- Assumes some prior knowledge of the history of Earth and various time periods
- Offers a long list of excellent references
- Provides subtitles in English for English language learners
- Upbeat presenter helps maintain pupil focus