Young mathematicians have the hang of graphing with integer coefficients now. Can they generalize what they've learned to equations with variable coefficients? The task asks individuals to verify the solution to the system is (x,y) and support their answers graphically.
- Form groups to encourage collaborative thinking while working on the activity
- Use the activity following a thorough study of graphing linear systems
- Expects a strong understanding of graphing linear systems
- Encourages higher order thinking and explanations
- Provides a sample solution