Teach your class about Helen Keller and her accomplishments with a reading comprehension lesson based on A Picture Book of Helen Keller by David A. Adler. As individuals read, they answer discussion questions about Helen Keller and the way she overcame the obstacles in her life.
- Pair with your unit on important figures in history, people who have overcome obstacles, or on Helen Keller herself
- Have youngsters create a similar project for other people they admire in their lives
- Obtain copies of the picture book for your class; either one for each learner, or one to project onto a visual presenter
- Provides additional materials and links for extension about Braille and sign language
- Comes with important vocabulary words and discussion questions