This A Simple Solution for the Circus activity & project also includes:
Class members are challenged to design a device that will move a circus elephant into a train car. Groups brainstorm ideas that use simple machines to load the elephant. They then choose one of their ideas, sketch a plan, and present it to the class.
- Require the groups to clearly label all the simple machines involved in their plans
- Have the groups present to an audience that will make a final decision on which plan to implement
- The class should be familiar with the simple machines
- Designed to follow the first lesson in a series of 10
- The handout comes as a PDF and doc for easier editing
- Requires materials that are easily found in the regular classroom