This A Unity Wall Drawing lesson plan also includes:
- Graphic & Image
- Join to access all included materials
Build class community with an art project. Learners first examine and discuss works of art. They then contribute to a class mural by tracing their hands and decorating them in relation to their own cultures. The final mural incorporates symmetrical and asymmetrical patterns.
- Tie in Black History Month during your discussion about the African diaspora and culture
- When complete, put the mural up on the wall of your classroom to represent the cultural diversity of your class—great as a back-to-school activity
- You may need to spend more time than allotted helping learners come up with patterns and shapes that relate to their own cultures; youngsters are unlikely to know what is meant by personal cultural background
- Comes with materials, from step-by-step instructions to a glossary, to help you complete the plan