Honor Abe Lincoln with a set of activity-based worksheets that can be used independently and in collaborative groups. Young historians participate in a listening activity where they fill in the missing blanks in a passage while being read aloud to. They also correct spelling mistakes and unscramble words before composing questions to ask a partner that refer to the text for the answers. Finally, a timed writing prompt rounds out the collection of worksheets.
- Use the activities on Abraham Lincoln's birthday
- Place learners in groups ahead of time
- Some of the sheets require that pupils have experience in editing their peers' writing
- The last page contains six extension ideas perfect for implementing on President's Day
- Comes with an audio version of the text to use with the listening activity
- Some language in the directions is informal