This Absolute Value Equations and Inequalities lesson plan also includes:
Demonstrate the meaning of an absolute inequality using three different methods. Here, scholars explore absolute value inequalities through graphing, number line distance, and compound inequalities. Pupils complete various activities to investigate each approach.
- Create a number line on the wall or floor and have pairs of students "walk" the solutions of the absolute value equations and inequalities
- Requires preparation of activity cards
- Make sure class members have graphing calculators
- Includes a sentence frame to aid learners with the correct vocabulary
- Provides activity resources and student handouts for each part of the lesson
- Does not include answerkey