This Activity and Exercise lesson plan also includes:
- Lesson Plan
- Join to access all included materials
Leave it to the classic jump rope to get your class excited about physical activity! Your class will begin by discussing the benefits of jumping rope as a form of exercise and learning a few different types of jumps. Then in groups of four, your young athletes will engage in various activities that will build in progression, and ultimately lead to independent jump rope practice. This is the first resource in a series of fitness and physical activity lessons.
- Reviews muscle memory, rhythm, and benefits of setting benchmarks
- Progressive activities build skills and lead class members to independent jump rope practice
- Assessment will encourage learners to practice outside of class in order to improve their skills
- Includes a good deal of text regarding a visit to a museum that need not apply in order to conduct the lesson