This Measures interactive also includes:
Take a look at data from a statistical lens. An interactive allows pupils to enter data set, labeling the data including the units used. Manipulating the applet, learners select the statistics to calculate that include total, mean, median, mode, range, variance, and standard deviation.
- Provide class members with data that will have the same measures of center but different measures of variability and vice-versa for them to compare
- The class should be familiar with the statistic used
- Restricts the data points to no more than 21
- Provides links to lessons that use the interactive
- Includes a brief definition of the statistics available from the applet