Pattern blocks and shapes demonstrate how to add and subtract fractions. By aligning blocks with different shapes, learners figure out how to create a whole, and then how to add and delete parts from that whole.
379 Views 239 Downloads CCSS: Designed
- Use with individual learners or in math groups
- Bring pattern blocks or laminated shapes into the lesson for even more visualization
- Print in color for best results, as color designation is important to the lesson
- The last page would be a good assessment or homework assignment
- Innovative lesson is helpful for learners of all skill levels