Mix things things up in your elementary math class with a series of problem-solving exercises. Presented with a series of mixed number word problems, young mathematicians are asked to solve them by using either visual fraction models or common denominators.
- Laminate and cut out the word problems, using these exercises as a math learning center in upper-elementary classrooms
- Use these word problems as warm-up activities during a lesson series on mixed numbers
- Extend learning by having children write and solve their own mixed number word problems
- Example problems are provided that clearly demonstrate how to add mixed numbers using visual models and by finding common denominators
- Eight different mixed number word problems are included that involve a variety of real-world situations