This African Americans and the Populist Movement lesson plan also includes:
Why did the Populist Party fail to ally itself with African American farmers? To answer this essential question, class members investigate the Populist Era (188-1900) and read an article written by Tom Watson, a Populist leader.
12 Views 5 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Flip the lesson and have class members do the reading and respond to the worksheet out of class, saving class time for the discussion
- The fifth in a series of six resources that focus on the Civil Rights Movement
- The resource presumes that a protocol for a safe and respectful discussion of politically-charged issues has been established
- The seven-page packet includes background information, discussion questions, the article, and suggestions for additional activities
- Some class members may find Watson's article difficult to read and may require a transcription of the text