This After the Quake: Preserving the Artifacts of Kathmandu lesson plan also includes:
On April 28, 2015, a 7.8 earthquake ruptured the Kathmandu Valley in Nepal. Seven UNESCO World Heritage sites are located in this valley. The efforts of experts and archeologists to restore three of them—Kathmandu Durbar Square, Patan Durbar Square, and Bhakatapur Durbar Square—are documented in the resource.
- Download images of Kathmandu, Patan, and Bhakatapur Durbar Squares before the earthquake and display these images about the classroom next to post-quake images
- Internet is required to access the photo essay
- The seven-page packet includes links to the photo essay and related resources, discussion questions, and reflective writing prompts
- Contains little information on the restoration projects
- No rubric is included for the reflective writing assignment