Start a 10-Day Free Trial to Unlock the Full Review
Why Lesson Planet?
Find quality lesson planning resources, fast!
Share & remix collections to collaborate.
Organize your curriculum with collections. Easy!
Have time to be more creative & energetic with your students!
Introduce your class to air masses and how they affect the weather with a instructional activity that focuses on the differences between high and low air pressure systems. The class explores actual weather data using archived weather data.
56 Views 46 Downloads NGSS: Designed
- Use the lesson information to introduce the associated activity, Building a Barometer
- Have the class research the air pressure for the surrounding area and record it for several days
- The resource contains information for teachers in order to develop a presentation or discussion lesson
- The link listed has changed to: http://www.wpc.ncep.noaa.gov/archives/web_pages/sfc/sfc_archive.php
- The third installment in a 12-part series
- The resource contains a vocabulary list and definitions
- The assessment section provides questions to ask at different times during the activity
- The resource does not provide much detail on how to convey the information
What Members Say
- Misty K., Teacher
- Gaffney, SC