This Algebra: Indices assessment also includes:
Indices and exponents mean the same. Pupils review exponential notation by watching the review video for the General Certificate of Secondary Education math assessment refresher. Scholars then use the activity to show what they know about using rational exponents to simplify expressions.
- Have the class create tables of the exponent properties
- Individuals should have a basic understanding of exponent notation
- Class members need to know how to find the square root of a perfect square
- Answer key shows the work involved in arriving at the solution
- Includes exponents with numerical and algebraic bases