Alliteration and imagery are two vital parts of any well-written poem. Encourage your young poets to include these devices with a set of activities designed to get them thinking, writing, and creating.
35 Views 31 Downloads CCSS: Adaptable
- Have pairs review the two literary concepts together, and to work on their poems together
- Use the activities in a unit about poetic devices
- A misplaced space in the description in the word your may affect understanding; clear up the typo before learners begin the assignment
- Provide more instruction for the final activity on each page, as young poets may need a little more guidance when applying their new knowledge to creative tasks
- Applicable to any language arts class
- Provides examples of each device, as well as opportunities for learners to make their own poetry