This Alloys interactive also includes:
What are alloys, and why do we use them? Through a series of interactive puzzles, scholars examine the components and uses of several common alloys. The accompanying teacher's resources provide support in using the lesson, printable materials, and an answer key.
- Introduce the concept of alloys, then have pupils use the interactive to learn more about them
- Bring examples of steel, solder, and brass to give the class some hands-on experience with the materials
- Individuals should understand what an alloy is before beginning the activity
- Users can look back at the initial table they create for help during the other puzzles
- The resource helps to build an understanding of the properties and advantages of alloys