This An Algebraic Oversight assessment also includes:
Tackle a common misconception using a performance task. Dividing by a variable to eliminate a variable may seem like a good idea, but simplifying the variable eliminates solutions as well. Learners develop algebraic and graphical support to reinforce this idea.
- Incorporate while solving quadratic equations by factoring
- Simplify the task to include an integer constant for younger and less advanced pupils
- Expects previous experience solving quadratic equations by graphing and factoring
- Encourages multiple representations for extra practice
- Combines several quadratic concepts in a single task