This An Educator’s Guide to Savvy by Ingrid Law lesson plan also includes:
Literature circles give learners a chance to explore a novel in a unique way. An educator's guide for the book Savvy uses literature circles as part of the novel study. Additional activities cover elements of figurative language and journal writing.
- Conduct more research about students' backgrounds to create more extensive family trees
- Keep agree/disagree signs up around the room and use them as key questions arise while reading
- Content aligns with Common Core State Standards for grades four and five
- Provides creative extension activities
- Promotes peer collaboration with many group activities
- Contains a variety of generic activities rather than those specifically based on the text