This Animal Research and Vaccines lesson plan also includes:
Animals save lives. In small groups pupils research the role of animals in the development of vaccines. Each team investigates one disease to find out how the vaccine was developed and how animals played a role n the research. Groups find out why it was necessary to involve animals in the development of the vaccine. Learners create graphic organizers to summarize and present the information about their diseases and the quest for vaccines.
- Ask the class to brainstorm benefits humans get from animals
- Fits as the second and final lesson in a unit on animal research
- Assumes individuals have a basic knowledge of vaccine development
- Contains suggestions for extensions
- Includes an answer key to the lesson summative assessment