Invite your class to consider how to respond to a conflict. Designed to be used alongside Secret Saturdays by Torrey Maldonado, a lesson plan focuses on a set of terms: conflict, escalate, deescalate, conflict resolution, denial, and confrontation. It offers three options for covering the material, including teacher modeling, group work, and independent work.
- All three options use the book to examine to focus terms and student experiences and involve a review and recap session
- Definitions to the terms are not included
- Some of the phrasing in the plan is a bit odd; however, a teacher should be able to follow the steps
- The plan includes extension activities and plenty of questions to ask
- The content covers important topics and allows opportunities for learners to connect the text to their own experiences