This Applications of Linear Functions assessment also includes:
It's not so straightforward — lines can model a variety of applications. Pupils experience linear relationships within the context of science, including Hooke's and Ohm's Laws. Class members got a taste of motion and speed from the previous activity and take that experience to move on to other science applications.
- Have individuals develop a presentation for their answers to the challenge question presented in the first lesson of the unit
- The class should be familiar with linear functions and their graphs
- The lesson serves as an introduction to the remaining two activities
- The seventh part of a nine-part unit begins to wrap up the concepts of the unit
- The end-of-unit test includes all the concepts learned throughout the unit
- The background teacher information gives the formulas to use in the upcoming activities