This Applying Properties of Exponents activities & project also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
The properties of exponents are all linked together and it is your mathematicians' job to discover and apply those rules. The comprehensive lesson begins with a pre-assessment task to check for prior knowledge and then goes into a discussion task. A matching activity is introduced to see how different rules relate to different expressions followed by a individual post-assessment.
- Do as one big lesson, or break into two smaller days
- Personal whiteboards are needed
- Incorporates many different types of learning to engage all participants
- Detailed directions and discussion prompts are provided