This Aquarium Equations activity also includes:
Take a look at linear functions in a new environment. A three-stage algebra project first asks learners to model the salt concentration of an aquarium using linear functions. Then, using iterations, pupils create a set of input-output pairs that they relate back to the initial problem.
- Incorporate as a performance task during a unit on linear functions
- Have pupils create a table if they are having difficulties
- Expects previous experience with linear models
- Provides a teaching guide with questioning strategies
- Includes worked-out solutions