This Are These Human Right Violations? lesson plan also includes:
Using the Declaration of Human Rights and the United States Constitution as reference tools, class members examine 14 scenarios to decide if the situation represents a violation of human rights, and if these same rights are protected by a United States law or amendment.
- Include the exercise in a unit study of the United Nations
- The 11th in a series of 19 related resources
- This resource is only available on an unencrypted HTTP website. It should be fine for general use, but don’t use it to share any personally identifiable information
- The five-page packet includes the plan, a handout describing the scenarios, and links to useful websites
- A link is not provided to the Declaration of Human Rights; however, it is readily available on the Internet