This Are These Right? lesson plan also includes:
- Answer Key
- Join to access all included materials
Is that a right triangle or a wrong triangle? Young mathematicians look at eleven different shapes and use a measuring tool of their choice to determine which triangles have right angles. Consider cutting out sets of the shapes to provided to young scholars who request them. Allow for a follow-up discussion in which different approaches to solving the problem are shared.
- Includes a variety of different triangles
- Activity clearly addresses the ability to identify right triangles
- Students are free to develop unique approaches to solving the problem
- The included shapes are relatively small, making angle measurement difficult