This Area under a Graph video also includes:
What? The calculation of area is a linear distance? A short video shows how to use the areas of simple polygons to estimate the area under a graph. Pupils divide the area under a curve into figures to easier calculate the area. Given speed/time graphs, scholars calculate the area under the curve to find the distance traveled.
- Ask the class to brainstorm how to get a closer estimate
- Review different methods to determine the value of points of intersections
- Individuals should be able to find the area of triangles, rectangles, and trapezoids
- Includes the work required in the answer key
- Contains space to work each of the problems