Cover some serious area in your geometry curriculum with this collection of worksheets. After first introducing the concept of area using the tiling method, this resource continues on to teach learners how to use the area and perimeter formulas when working with squares, rectangles, and triangles.
- Create a workbook out of these worksheets to use during an upper-elementary math unit on area
- Have students create a metric conversion reference sheet that they can use during geometry lessons
- Some of the practice problems involve decimals, so be sure students are familiar with adding and multiplying these numbers
- Includes a series of five worksheets that progressively build students' understanding of area
- Resource addresses how to convert between units in the metric system
- Example problems are included on each worksheet to support learning
- Answer keys are not included, but can be made without too much effort by working through the problems