Take autism awareness in your class to a whole new level. Scholars watch a short video to discover how autism affects the brain. The narrator discusses the effects of altered proteins on neural synapses and the role the nucleus plays in the expression of autism.
- After the video, ask pupils what they think happens to neural signals when synapses become smaller
- Have individuals research the specific genes that play a role in autism spectrum disorders
- Talk for a moment with the class about neuron structure before viewing the resource
- The resource features diagrams of neural synapses close up, so viewers see how autism affects them
- Interesting content captures and holds viewers' attention