Just how fast is the function changing? The presenter provides a general explanation of the average rate of change in the 28th presentation in a series of 31 calculus videos. The video moves on to find the average rate of change for a function over a given interval.
- Lead a discussion on the similarities and differences of the average rate of change and slope
- Individuals should know how to work with function notation
- Pupils need to be able to recognize the different ways to denote average rate of change
- Uses colors to highlight the graphical explanation of average rate of change
- Includes a reminder of the formula needed