Why Lesson Planet?
How do barns serve as a window to a community's past? Here are a series of lessons on the symbolism and historical context of barns throughout American history. Topics include community-building, in-depth primary and secondary source analysis, and a discussion of American symbolism and heritage.
- Scavenger hunt worksheet was meant to supplement a visit to an exhibition, and therefore won't be applicable to your class
- Lessons can be separated and do not need to be carried out in succession
- Fantastic set of materials, including primary source images and texts, activity worksheets, poems, interviews, and other important resources
- Each lesson in unit includes detailed activity procedures, time frame, and a list of all necessary materials
- Engaging hands-on and interactive activities
What Members Say
- Hilary D., Department chair
- Fresno, CA